Monday, August 24, 2015

Favorite "Places"

My favorite places are not necessarily places and I do not have a favorite location. For me it is the people who make places special. I could be anywhere, and if I am with friends and family I feel at home.

With the exception of Disney World, of course. But who doesn't love that place?
And I'm with friends, so it's double the excitement!
(Image Information: personal photo me with band friends at Disney World;
photo from December 2014.) 

I also love Norman, OU, and being able to travel with the Pride of Oklahoma. We get to see so many places that could be on my 'favorite' list, but the one thing that connects them and makes them all special in my mind are the people.
(Image Information: personal photo of me and my roommates in our Pride uniforms;
photo from August 2014.) 

 My parents and family are my home. My absolute favorite place to be is with them.
(Image Information: personal photo of me and my parents at a football game;
photo from October 2014.) 

During the summer I am able to perform with a group across the country in multiple venues. This is something that I am incredibly passionate about and it is one of my favorite activities in my life. My favorite place to perform is in Indianapolis in Lucas Oil Stadium, with my friends who may as well be family by my side.
(Image Information: personal photo of me and my best friend in Lucas Oil Stadium, before our last performance;
photo from August 2015.) 

My favorite places aren't necessarily places, but they're wherever I am with the people I love and care about. They are what make places special. Home (and my favorite places) is where the heart is and my heart is with them.

2 comments:

  1. What a great answer, Kelsey! That's what I really like about this as the first post: it can go in so many directions — real places, of course, but also spaces of the heart, imaginary places... anything at all! Everything has a "place," literally or metaphorically speaking. And how cool that you are in the Pride: I was reading all about the new uniforms. It sounds like this is going to be a great season for the Pride, and we can hope good things for the football players too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so wonderful! If I stop to really think about it, that's so very true. Even when I'm somewhere I really don't want to be, if I have someone I love or cherish with me there then I'm fine. I really love that you were able to look deeper into this and answer it on another level. Your pictures are so great, too! Lots of personal photos! (I love Disney World, too!)

    ReplyDelete