Sunday, August 30, 2015

Storybook Favorites

Storybook One: LSD in a Yellow Submarine

This topic was something fairly new to me. While I know about the Beatles, their history and their music, I did not know of the inspirations the author took their storybook from. The title did a good job letting the reader know what the Storybook was about, since it was dealing with the Beatles and drugs.
The introduction was very enticing and made me want to read more! The way the author told the story of purchasing the yellow submarine was creative and grabbed my attention. The image also helped to draw my eye. The layout is decent. I'm not too fond of how bright it is, but it fits with the theme.
I like the layout and how the sidebar creates for an easy transition between stories. It is simple to maneuver and find the next page to read. I want to use this in my own Storybook.

Storybook Two: Fairytale Case Files
Fairytale Case Files Storybook. Source: Fairytale Case Files.
The topic was very familiar to me. I enjoy fairytales and learning about them! The title did a great job of letting the reader know what the Storybook was about, considering the book was about fairytales.
The introduction does a great job of explaining the topic and prompting me to want to read the stories. The author asks questions and then immediately answers them. He keeps it entertaining and leaves me wanting to know more. The creative style of the questions in the very beginning was what initially pulled me in. The layout and design are well put together and are not distracting to the story, but actually promote the theme.
I enjoy the physical layout of the pages overall. Everything is neat, organized and easy to read. That is how I envision my Storybook to be as a finished product. Once again, I like the sidebar that helps indicate what to read next.

Storybook Three: Gossip Girl
This topic was new to me. The title did not do a very good job letting the reader know what the Storybook was about. While I know what Gossip Girl is and while the author did a wonderful job imitating the style of the TV show, the title did not allude to the other parts of the Storybook.
The use of the Gossip Girl-like writing in the introduction made it easy and fun to read, leaving me wanting to learn more about what she was discussing.
The physical layout is decent. It doesn't distract from the story and fits with the theme. The navigation is easy to figure out and uses the same system that I would like to use in my own Storybook.


No comments:

Post a Comment