Wednesday, August 26, 2015

UnTextbook

Homer's Odyssey: This unit seemed interesting to me because I learned about Homer's Odyssey in high school. I would like to venture deeper into the story and relearn and reread it. I chose this image because it depicts part of Homer's Odyssey.



Image of the Odyssey. Source: Wikimedia.

King Arthur: I chose this unit because of its familiarity. I would like to get to know more about a story that was told and shown to me as a child and view different interpretations of it. I chose this image because it shows how powerful King Arthur is and it is how I imagined him looking.
Image of King Arthur. Source: Wikimedia.


Laos: This unit seems interesting because it is about a small country. The overview makes this unit even more intriguing, describing stories ranging from so many different subjects. The variety is what interests me in this unit. I chose this image because it shows how small Laos is.
Image of the country Laos. Source: Wikimedia.


Monkey King: I originally found this interesting because of the name of the unit. After reading the overview, I became even more interested. The phrases "miraculous birth," "training as a magician and warrior," and "audacious rebellion against heaven" all seem like interesting things to read and learn about. I chose this image because it shows that people still retell the stories of the monkey king and even dress the part to pass the stories on. There are multiple ways to tell a story and this depicts an interesting one.
 Image of someone portraying the Monkey King. Source: Wikipedia.

Nursery Rhymes: I find this intriguing because of how much can be taken from such short rhymes. There are stories to be told from these rhymes that could only be a sentence long. I chose this image because it reminds me of many nursery rhymes I heard as a child.

Image of a Nursery Rhyme. Source: Wikipedia.



Then make sure you include at least one image also (with Image Information), along with a sentence or two about why you chose that image

No comments:

Post a Comment