Friday, October 2, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Japanese Fairy Tales (Lang) - Reading A

Myth-Folklore Unit: Japanese Fairy Tales (Lang) 

 

The Two Frogs


Two frogs. Source: Wikimedia

How often we trust ourselves when we might not know all of the facts. These frogs are silly. I think it was wonderful that they wanted to help each other out and I love the story of how they met. I always find how people meet interesting. There always has to be the right circumstances, but everything always falls into place. It's interesting that the frogs didn't complete their journey after traveling so far already. Why not keep going if you're already halfway there? These frogs were so alike and it was interesting to learn about these characters.

 

The Stonecutter

I appreciate the conversational tone this story is written in. It made it easy and interesting to read. The story itself was also great. I like the lesson that the man learned in the end. If you're greedy, you'll always want more, no matter how much you have, when you might've had all you truly needed to begin with.

 

The Cat's Elopement

I love how happy this ending is! Stories with happy endings are my favorite to read because they leave me with a happy feeling in my heart. I don't like reading stories with sad endings. The cats ending up together in the end was great. It was also wonderful that the princess promised to never separate them and kept that promise. And the fact that she married someone who shared those feelings brought much happiness all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment