Monday, October 19, 2015

Reading Diary A: Tejas Legends

Myth-Folklore Unit: Tejas Legends

 Why the Woodpecker Pecks

I appreciate how easy this was to read. It kept me entertained and never bored. I also love stories like this - it's always fun to see how different people and cultures describe how things came to be and/or exist. Also...him eating the plants sounded like a drug experience. But I guess interesting stories come out of that, too!

The Cloud That Was Lost

This intro was really great - it had my imagination going. I could really see the clouds bumping into each other and curling up at night. That sounds so nice right now! I also felt so sad for the cloud - I'm not sure why I have such an emotional attachment to a cloud, but this story is great. Poor cloud - but you can always see its beauty in the flowers, so that's neat.

Grandmother River's Trick

This one got to me because of the garfish. I had been to places growing up that had garfish and the thought of them scared me so much. Ha- the beginning of this story definitely didn't help that! But I did like the end. All of the fish got to be happy and free from the garfish. It'd be fun to tell this from the fishes perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment