Monday, October 5, 2015

Reading Diary B: Filipino Popular Tales

Myth-Folklore Unit: Filipino Popular Tales

Why Mosquitoes Hum and Try to get into the Holes of our Ears


I love that the story has nothing to do with the title until the very end. It kept me engaged the entire time and wondering how it related to the title. Though it was frustrating to not know, it was a great and interesting storytelling technique.

The Lost Necklace

The thought of a crow with a necklace cracked me up. Probably because of my lack of sleep, but my imagination found it hilarious. How rude of the crow, though...and a tattletale. I'm sure the hen didn't mean to lose it and she had been looking all day for it. If the crow was so worried about it, the crow shouldn't let anyone borrow it. Also how weird. To eat someone's children because you lost a necklace. Like...what...the crow is an odd and disgusting character.

Why the Ocean is Salty

An ocean of tears - how depressing. Most of this story was really sad. I don't like sad stories. However, I did think that the picture chosen for this was really cool. I've never seen mounds of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment