Monday, October 12, 2015

Reflections: Looking Back

Reflections: Looking Back

 I've really enjoyed this class so far. It has given me the opportunity to have a creative outlet. This class allows me to take something and make it my own. I appreciate being able to read the stories and explore the realms they exist in and then being able to take that and create something brand new.

I have been the most successful in this class when I complete my assignments on Monday. That's easiest to do, since my week gets busier as the days go on. Also, I always seem to have things pop up that I was not expecting - so doing things sooner rather than later is always a safe bet.

I've enjoyed getting to know other students through their introductions. I've found people similar and not similar to myself, and it's really interesting to get to see what parts they share of themselves on their blogs. Following reading their introductions, it's just as fun to see their creative side and how their personality and voice shines through their personal stories.

My project is going well! It has been fun to develop an idea and to see it grow week by week. The progress has been slow but steady. I like being able to expand upon one subject and to write multiple stories and develop the character of the wolf more in depth.

My favorite readings by far have been from Aesop's Fables. I LOVE the morals and that it includes them with each story. I found myself relating them back to how I can improve my own life and attitude with each story. Plus they were entertaining!

I do the work for this class in multiple locations - pretty much wherever I have my laptop and whenever I have time. This ranges from at home to on campus.

I've done a few 'famous last words' posts for extra credit. I really like doing these because it forces me to take a moment a look back at what has happened/what I've accomplished in the past week. A lot can happen in just a few days, and taking it a week at a time and really forcing myself to see my growth (even if it is small) is a good positive thing to have in my life.

 Cat. Source: Wikipedia

How this cat looks is how I have felt most of this semester. Exhausted and a little out of it.


I can't wait to finish out this semester and to learn more about this class subject, others and myself.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kelsey,
    The cat pictures are hilarious and I can definitely relate to this cat. I am glad that this class has played a role in allowing you to be creative and try different writing techniques. As far as completing assignments early in the week I completely understand that as well. I have had so many things that popped up at the same time these assignments were due and it helped so much to be done with them. I know you can do it and I hope you finish this semester strong!

    ReplyDelete