Monday, October 19, 2015

Reading Diary B: Myths of the Cherokee

Myth-Folklore Unit: Myths of the Cherokee

The Owl Gets Married
Question 1: Why can't she hunt herself?
Question 2: Woah. Living with her already?
Question 3: Why do the Cherokee myths seem to always have something gross and/or violent?
I don't really like flesh, and that ending freaked me out. In my stories, I don't want the reader to feel uncomfortable.


The Rattlesnake's Vengeance
Uhm, I hope that I'd marry someone that would never consent to my death. Especially to a bunch of snakes. Also I wish that songs could heal people. If this were true, her death would not be in vain. These stories creep me out and give me uneasy feelings.


The Bullfrog Lover
These stories are so odd to me, though I'm not sure why. I've read weirder, but these freak me out for some reason. They aren't bad, but they haven't been my favorite weekly readings. This one is no exception. But then again, I'm not too fond of bullfrogs.
 
(bullfrog) 

No comments:

Post a Comment