Thursday, November 26, 2015

Essay: Russian Folktales

Myth-Folklore Unit: Russian Folktales

I loved these stories! I especially liked the second half of the readings. I truly enjoy and appreciate when stories have happy endings and what happy endings these were! I'm glad these were the last stories that I read for this class, because by reading them I definitely went out on a good note.
I also feel as if the writing style closely mimics what I use in my daily writing. This made it almost conversational and easy to read for me. The words flowed nicely together and kept my interest the entire time, making it easy to get caught up and lost in the stories. Although I do appreciate a challenge when reading, it was nice to just sit and enjoy the readings for this week without having to interpret anything or focus too long on the physical aspects of reading the text.

I especially liked the The Fiddler in Hell and The Soldier and the Vampire. Though the middle of the story had some evil tenses, the endings were so happy and wonderful.The stories were all very similar in this way.

The first half of the readings were also great. I liked reading the days of the week stories, especially Wednesday and Friday. Each day being given a different persona and personality was interesting and quite honestly, pretty accurate. I like how Wednesday was wicked and that Mother Friday didn't appreciate when people worked on that day. I wish that all Fridays could be like that! How wonderful and relaxing that would be.

Overall, these stories were probably some of my favorite from the entire class. If not my favorite, they were definitely in the top 5 readings from the semester.

Party. Image Source: Flickr
 
Party time! Done with readings! Though I post this picture, I'm also a little sad. I enjoyed readings, especially this week. I might actually go back and read more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment