Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 13

It's finally Thanksgiving break!

Who am I kidding...finally? Time has definitely flown by. It seems like just yesterday that this semester was beginning and now we only have a few weeks left. And it's my last fall semester! So many 'lasts' have been occurring lately.

One of my favorite and most emotional ones yet happened last weekend at the final home football game of the season. With this came the last time I, along with 50 other seniors, would march on the field that has given us so many memories over the past four seasons.

 The Senior 'O' during our halftime performance on Saturday. Source: Myself

This was special to me because I got to experience it with my roommates and best friends. We will all be graduating in the Spring and got to share our last moments doing something that brought us all together our freshman year. Not knowing each other before the Pride and finishing it out side by side on Saturday night made everything that much more special to each of us.

One of my roommates is moving out over winter break because he will be student teaching in Tulsa next semester. Everything seems to be changing so quickly. It seems like yesterday that we were auditioning for Pride, complete strangers to each other, not knowing that we would make so many memories together. From staying up late in the apartment complex's hot tub, to random McDonald's runs, to watching SVU re-runs...time sure has flown.

 Me and my roommates in the stands during our last home game. Source: Myself
 
I'll definitely be forever grateful for the people, experiences and opportunities that the Pride has given me. Words cannot express how much I've learned and grown simply from being a part of this organization. But it's not completely over yet! This Saturday will be exciting as well, as it's Bedlam! Time to beat those Cowboys!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone! And stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment