Thursday, November 26, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 14

My, oh my, am I stuffed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!



This week has been filled with a lot of love and joy.

Although we had class on Monday and Tuesday, I got to spend more time than usual with my roommates. It was great to just be able to relax and hang out with them without too much stress.
I headed back to my hometown of Flower Mound, Texas on Wednesday to spend some time with my parents. Today we celebrated Thanksgiving at our home with my Grandma!

Another cool thing that happened this week was that the band service sorority that I'm in helped to organize a canned food drive for the Norman Food Bank that serves the families in Norman (headed up by our Vice President of Service and my little, Amelia!). Every year, the Pride gathers canned food for a few weeks and ultimately donates it right before Thanksgiving. This year was special because we donated a total of 5,466 items-the largest donation the food bank has ever had! This will help to serve over 500 families in the Norman area. Not only that, but we also turned the canned food drive into a competition against OSU's band and their donations will help to serve families in the Stillwater area.
The best part? My section (the saxophones) brought the most and won our competition within the band...;)
Just kidding, of course...the best part is that more families will be able to celebrate Thanksgiving and have food to eat.
Lots of love and food for a lot of people this Thanksgiving - that sure is something to be thankful for.

And tomorrow I get to finish it out with my second family. The Pride will rehearse tomorrow evening before our departure on Saturday morning. We'll arrive in Stillwater a few hours before the game and hopefully bring home a win for the final regular season game!



Turkey. Image Source: Pixabay

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading...and have a great rest of your year.

No comments:

Post a Comment