Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Growth Mindset: Week 13

My Other Classes

For this growth mindset, I wanted to focus on my other classes and the challenges I face in those.
This semester I over-committed myself. Way over-committed myself. At the beginning of the semester I was averaging 4 hours of sleep - on a good night. After awhile I realized that this wasn't working for me and had to realign my priorities. I was doing a lot for the organizations I'm involved in and my for classes and it was getting to me.

I realized that I had to take time for myself and de-stress and in the future, plan out my schedule so that I am able to commit myself 100% and not lose my health and sanity in the process.

This challenge allowed me to focus on the most challenging aspects of my semester and what I have learned from them. I learned to take time to focus on myself, because if you don't take time for yourself and rejuvenate what you have, how can you expect to give any of yourself out at your maximum potential? My challenges in my classes and over this semester have helped me to grow and be successful now and in the future.

Cat hanging on. Source: Pinterest

In the future, I will plan out my schedule as to not spread myself too thin. This will allow time for myself and time to give 100% to everything I involve myself in.

Side note...this class is awesome and has helped me so much in many other areas in life other than just mythology. Doing assignments for this class actually helps me to de-stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment