Thursday, November 26, 2015

Reading Diary B: Russian Folktales

Myth-Folklore Unit: Russian Folktales

The Fiddler in Hell 

This story was so great! As I'm sure you've noticed by my other posts, I love stories with happy endings.  The fiddler was incredibly clever with his trickery of the strings and it was great that the bridge could be built and the man sent to Heaven. I'm not so sure how the fiddler just tripped into Hell, though...or why the baby was born. But alas, it was a great story that I truly enjoyed reading. The style was also easy to read, making it even more enjoyable and easy to get caught up in.

 

Fiddler. Source: Wikimedia

The Soldier and the Vampire

I love this story's ending as well. Even though the middle wasn't great and the Warlock was creepy, it turned out well because everything that went wrong was made right in the end. The style was once again easy and wonderful to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment