Monday, September 7, 2015

Brainstorming Storybook Topics

Topic: Wolf Fables 
Comments: I really enjoyed reading the children's fables during this week's storytelling assignments. I think that it'd be interesting to really dive into the wolf stories that are featured. Wolves have always fascinated me, and I really appreciate the morals in each of the wolf fables.
Possible Stories: There are a lot of fables about wolves when I searched, even on the Untextbook! This is exciting because if I choose this topic, I will have a lot to take from and use.
Sample Story: The Wolf and the Kid - I chose this story because of the moral. "Do not let anything turn you from your purpose." This is a very wise and thought out moral that fits with the story. I love morals that can fit with my everyday life.

Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: The Wolf and the Kid.
Book Title: The Aesop for Children
Book Author: N/A (Illustrator: Milo Winter)
Year: 1919
 Image of The Aesop for Children book. Source: The Untextbook.

Topic: King Arthur
Comments: I chose King Arthur because his story has always fascinated me. From the Sword in The Stone to him in general, I have always loved reading and learning about King Arthur.
Possible Stories: Anything from the Untextbook unit about King Arthur. This has information and stories about his background, himself, and his life in general. There is a lot to choose and use from this unit and leaves a lot of options open for my storybook.

Sample Story: King Arthur: The Sword Excalibur. I like this story because it talks about the sword and the scabbard.  It is also an interesting look on Merlin and Arthur's relationship.

Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: King Arthur: The Sword Excalibur.
Book Title: King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table
Book Author: Andrew Lang, illustrated by H. J. Ford
Year: 1902


Topic: Celtic Fairy Tales
Comments: Fairy tales have always interested me. I would love getting to search and research more into them and what and how many different types there are.
Possible Stories: Anything from the Untextbook. There are a lot of stories to read and take from, especially in the Celtic Fairy Tales unit.
Sample Story: The Tale of Ivan. I really enjoyed the happy ending to this story and how captivating it was to read. Ivan slipping out of trouble because of the advice and in the end, receiving the advice and the money was wonderful. I would love to incorporate this and other happy tales into my storybook.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: The Tale of Ivan.
Book Title: Celtic Fairy Tales
Book Author: Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten
Year: 1892

Topic: Disney-related Stories
Comments: I love everything Disney! Since I was a child, I was always fascinated with the stories and the magic behind them. It would be interesting to dive into the stories that inspired them to be as we know them today.
Possible Stories: They are mostly from the Untextbook, but there are a plethora. Snow White and Rose Red from the Brothers Grimm (Hunt) unit, Rumpelstiltskin from the Brothers Grimm (Ashliman) unit, and many more.
Sample Story: Rapunzel. I chose this story because I remember it being read to me as a child. I also enjoy the recreations that Disney has made over the past 20-30 years.

Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: Rapunzel.
Book Title: Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm
Book Author: Translated by Edgar Taylor and Marian Edwardes, with illustrations by R. Anning Bell
Year: 1912

No comments:

Post a Comment