Monday, September 14, 2015

Wolves in Aesop's Fables: Styles Brainstorm

Wolves in Aesop's Fables: Styles Brainstorm


Topic. My Storybook will be about wolves in Aesop's Fables. The morals for the children's fables that include wolves are some of the best in the Fables and I would like to capture their essence in order to give the morals the credit and spotlight they deserve. Two stories I would like to use are The Wolf and the Kid and The Wolf and the Crane. I do not think I will have any trouble finding stories for this topic. My criteria for choosing the stories is that each story must involve a wolf in some way.

Bibliography:
1. The Wolf and the Kid.
Book Title: The Aesop for Children
Book Author: N/A (Illustrator: Milo Winter)
Year: 1919
2. The Wolf and the Crane
Book Title: The Aesop for Children
Book Author: N/A (Illustrator: Milo Winter)
Year: 1919
In general, the Untextbook is fantastic; that is where I will look for more stories.

 Image of The Aesop for Children book. Source: The Untextbook.


Possible Styles:

Frametale: I would like to style my stories in a frametale. I want to do this because I think the wolf character is very similar in all of Aesop's Fables. The character would easily be able to travel from story to story and stay the same. I could develop the wolf more this way instead of changing his persona for each story I tell.

First-Person Storytelling: This style would be very interesting to manipulate. I could either tell the stories from the wolf's point of view and/or I could tell the story from the other character's point of view looking on at the wolf. I could even write one story the first way and another story the second way. This would be a great way to develop the wolf's character and let the reader even further inside.

Children's Stories: Since I am writing my stories based on Aesop's Fables for children, writing in a children story style would simulate where the stories are originally based. This would be a nice tribute to the original story and easy for the reader to read. Using this style would easily fit with the first two as well for a nice combined style.

Diary Style: I always found diary entries to be fascinating. Growing up, I enjoyed reading books that were written in this style. It gives an inside look at the character and their thoughts. This could also be a fun way to write and for the reader to read .

Overall, I have found that I am really interested in truly developing the wolf as a character. I think I would like to combine some of these styles in order to do that to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment