Monday, September 21, 2015

Reading Diary B: Santal Folklore

Reading Diary B: Santal Folklore

The Tigers and the Cat
The story of how the tigers ate the raw meat was interesting. I got frustrated when the tigers blamed the cat for doing something they could've contributed to and helped out with. I also was upset when the tigers killed the dog in the end. If I were to use this as an inspiration for my story, I would change the ending. I don't appreciate how the tigers won in the end. However, I do like the writing style as it was easy to follow. The only downside was that it jumped around a bit.

A Fox and His Wife
I really like the fox's wife in this story. She has great wit but does not boast about it, even when asked. The fox, however, does and does not have a bit of wit to save their lives. She saved both of them and her children, which took a great amount of not only wit, but also courage. I want to write a story with her character in it.

Fox. Source: Wikipedia

The Brave Jackal
I included this story because I didn't really understand it at first. The writing style was confusing and I had to reread it multiple times before I even slightly comprehended it. My mind might just not be comprehending quickly or even comprehending this style, but I learned that I need to make my writing clear and concise for my readers. I want them to understand everything on the first attempt and not have to reread anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment