Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Reading Diary B: Aesop for Children (Winter)

Myth-Folklore Unit: Aesop for Children (Winter)

The Fox and the Leopard: I like the fox in this story. Even though his looks might not measure up to the leopard's, he is still smart and witty. Personality can add to the level of attractiveness, while being smug and cocky can detract from it. This story has a great theme and lesson; to never judge a book by its cover and "a fine coat is not always an indication of an attractive mind." The leopard was rude and snarky, even though he was beautiful, which was unfortunate for himself.


Image of the Fox and the Leopard. Source: The Untextbook.

The Wolf and the Shepard: This story is interesting because it shows how hypocritical man can be. I saw a quote recently that said something along the lines of we hold others to a high standard with little to no slack and give ourselves the benefit of the doubt. I see myself doing this from time to time. Being hypocritical is extremely disrespectful and frustrating, but it is something that is also difficult to battle. This story perfectly exemplifies this behavior.

Jupiter and the Monkey: This story was important to me because my mom is one of my best friends and I know that she'd do the same for me. I love how unconditional the mother's love is, no matter how others are acting toward her baby. The mother is a very likeable character that displays copious amounts of affection and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment