Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Reading Diary A: Aesop for Children (Winter)

Myth-Folklore Unit: Aesop for Children (Winter)

The Wolf and the Kid: I enjoyed this one because I did not understand the point until the end. The phrase, "Do not let anything turn you from your purpose" spoke to me and it made me think of what that meant in regards to the story. Instead of the story being focused on the Kid who thought he was grown up and mature when he was not, it focused on the wolf and his desire to eat the Kid. Though it was a little morbid, I appreciate the overall message.

The Wolf and His Shadow: I thought about the growth mindset during this story. How you can always grow and always get better and not to let where you are now stop you from that. I think that the wolf allowed himself to think he could not get bigger or better, when in reality he needed to in order to survive. Just like how we as humans need to keep growing and evolving our mental and physical capacities throughout life.



The Wolf and His Shadow. Source: The Untextbook.

The Dog and His Master's Dinner: I like the phrase, "do not stop to argue with temptation," because that is what I fight with every day. Temptation is something that is hard for me to deal with and difficult for me to resist and after reading this story, I realized that it is because I stop and let myself argue with it. I like how the dog in the story would faithfully carry the dinner and protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment