Monday, September 21, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Arabian Nights - Reading B

Myth-Folklore Unit: Arabian Nights

This was one long story, but it was split up into multiple sections and I decided to include my favorite parts in this reading diary post.

Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp 1

Aladdin and the Magician. Source: Wikimedia

This writing style is fantastic. I like how it keeps the reader engaged and wanting to read more. I also appreciate getting to read the original story, as I have only seen the Disney version. I also like how it cuts off the story before the second part. It leaves so much suspension in the writing and for the reader's imagination.

Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp 4

This magician has a lot of spite, rage and jealousy. I like how the author truly dove into each of the characters in this story. The development is incredible and really allows the reader to get to know the characters individually and how they work together as a whole. However, this part of the story made me sad because Aladdin lost his entire life. The princess' father was absolutely married into his money and fortune, which was quite unfortunate.

Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp 6

It seems like the evil wickedness never ends. I enjoy and appreciate that the end of this story was positive and that Aladdin and his wife ended up happy and together. That's rare in a lot of the stories I have read so far, so it was nice to see that happen. Overall, I enjoyed reading this story. Though it was long, it was entertaining from beginning to end. I liked the style because it was easy to follow and to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment